This book is a quick read, good read. It made me realize that even the little things we do can impact another person. It made me realize that we all can make a difference, even how big or small, in other person’s lives. Sometimes what we do or what we say is a little too much for other person to handle, and we don’t know that they are already broken into pieces with what we do, or what we say. It made me realize to continue to be extra careful with the words that I say and things that I do because neither of these can be undone.
Some of my favorite quotes in the book. Hope you will also have time to read on the story.
– “You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything.”
– No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.”
– “You can’t stop the future
You can’t rewind the past
The only way to learn the secret
…is to press play.”
– “A lot of you cared, just not enough.”
– “But you can’t get away from yourself. You can’t decide not to see yourself anymore. You can’t decide to turn off the noise in your head.”
– “Sometimes we have thoughts that even we don’t understand. Thoughts that aren’t even true—that aren’t really how we feel—but they’re running through our heads anyway because they’re interesting to think about.”
– “If my love were an ocean,
there would be no more land.
If my love were a desert,
you would see only sand.
If my love were a star-
late at night, only light.
And if my love could grow wings,
I’d be soaring in flight.”
– “You can’t go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is…now.”
– “Like driving along a bumpy road and losing control of the steering wheel, tossing you–just a tad–off the road. The wheels kick up some dirt, but you’re able to pull it back. Yet no matter how hard you try to drive straight, something keeps jerking you to the side. You have so little control over anything anymore. And at some point, the struggle becomes too much–too tiring–and you consider letting go. Allowing tragedy…or whatever…to happen.”
– “I wanted people to trust me, despite anything they’d heard. And more than that, I wanted them to know me. Not the stuff they thought they knew about me. No, the real me. I wanted them to get past the rumors. To see beyond the relationships I once had, or maybe still had but that they didn’t agree with.
– “It’s hard to be disappointed when what you expected turns out to be true.”
– “A flood of emotions rushes into me. Pain and anger. Sadness and pity. But most surprising of all, hope.”
Below is a poem which i really liked…
Soul Alone by Hannah Baker
“I meet your eyes
you don’t even see me
You hardly respond
when I whisper
Could be my soul mate
two kindred spirits
Maybe we’re not
I guess we’ll never
My own mother
you carried me in you
Now you see nothing
but what I wear
People ask you
how I’m doing
You smile and nod
don’t let it end
underneath God‘s sky and
don’t just see me with your eyes
this mask of flesh and bone and
for my soul