I happen to pass by hershey’s website and saw it’s “Perfectly Chocolate ” Chocolate cake recipe. I was not able to grab hershey’s cocoa, I just used whatever is available in our local grocery store. At the same time, I tried to modify some ingredients as powdered sugar is likewise not available in our “rural” town. 😛 Nevertheless, my family, and all my friends who have tasted this recipe agrees that it is such a perfect chocolate cake. 🙂 I am soooo excited to invest more on my baking stuff and big oven soon as this hobby is so de-stressing. Here’s Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake Recipe with some modifications (recipe retrieved from: https://www.hersheys.com/pure-recipes/details.aspx?id=184&name=HERSHEYS+PERFECTLY+CHOCOLATE+Chocolate+Cake )
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- “PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” CHOCOLATE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY‘S Cocoa (or any cocoa that is available)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar *
- 1/3 cup milk *
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* I replaced powdered sugar and 1/3 cup milk with 1 condensed can milk
1. Pre heat oven to 350F
2. Mix sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add in eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla. Stir in boiling water. Pour in batter in baking pans.
1. Melt butter
2. Stir in cocoa and condensed milk until cocoa has fully melted.
3. Stir in vanilla extract.
Make sure to cool the cake first before frosting it. 🙂 Enjoy!