I started running 1 yr and 2 weeks ago. I never imagined I will come this far, nor I imagined that I will aim to do full marathon in the near future.
My running timeline…
1) Century Tuna Superbod Run – Runrio Trilogy Leg 1 (February 21, 2010). My first 3k run. Finished it in 24mins++.
2) Globe Run for Home – March 21, 2010 (2nd 3-kilometer run. PR at 18 mins ++)
4) Nature Valley Run (Runrio Trilogy Leg 2 – May 30, 2010) – my first attempt to do 5k. Wasn’t bad attempt as I finished it in 34mins ++
6) Adidas King of the Road (October 24, 2010) – My first (and only) 10k run. This was also the first time that I had one toe nail ‘murdered’ during the run. 🙂 My battle scar. I finished the run in 1 hr 15mins +
7) Adobo Run After Dark (October 30 (?), 2010) – My third 5k run for the year. I decided to go back to 5k since my dead toe nail hasn’t re-grown yet. This was one of the worst runs I participated. Pricey run, lack of hydration, and the promised loot bags were gone with the wind 🙂 The only good thing that happened here is that I had solo shot with Coach Rio dela Cruz 🙂 And I finished this run in 33mins ++
8. HSBC 135 Run – (November 6, 2010) – My 4th 5k run. I also set my 5k PR at 30mins ++.
9) Run United 2 – Runrio Trilogy Leg 3 (November 24, 2010) – My 1st bold attempt to do long distance running. The euphoria I felt when I run 10k last October is just unexplainable thus I decided to “level up”. My time wasn’t bad, as I finished 15k in 1 hr 47mins. 🙂 Number of dead toe nails increased to 4! 😦
10) Milo Marathon – Dec 12, 2010 – My boldest attempt in 30 years of my life. I never liked running, and I only started long distance running 2 months back. It was only due to the cost-benefit analysis I made when I registered at RUNNR when I decided to run 21k. See related blog on this link: https://jiemauricio.wordpress.com/2010/12/12/34th-national-milo-marathon-dec-12-2010/
11. PSE Bull Run (January 9, 2011) – I wanted to start the year right by running 16k. It was second of the worst run that I participated because I almost got dehydrated during the race! Hydration not enough! And it was my first time to experience a self-service “salok” your own drinks!. The paper cups/plastic cups were also not enough so, I just tried to drink in the faucet in the hydration stations. And because of these unfortunate events, I had cough for more than 2 months! This is also the reason why I bought a hydration belt. Never wanted to die in a fun run!
12) Condura Skyway Marathon – February 6, 2011 – This should have been my 1st half marathon. But I got too OC with my cost benefit analysis thus ran my 1st half marathon in Milo. The only exciting thing about this event is that more than 13,000 runners were able to run in Skyway. Other than this, nothing else. The registration fee is too pricey (PhP1,150 – if I remembered it correctly). Condura says that this is a ‘run for the dolphins’ but their giveaways were placed inside a plastic bag… and plastic bags are one of the primary reasons why dolphins die. Ironic huh?!
14) Run United 1 – Runrio Trilogy Leg 1 (March 6, 2011) – My Post-Birthday Run 🙂 my 3rd half marathon in four months. Personal Record at 2 hrs 28 minutes. Loved the running gears I’m wearing today. Red and yellow 🙂
15) Globe Run for Home (March 27, 2011) – My 4th half marathon :). Last year’s Globe Run for Home, I set my PR for 3k at 18 mins+. A year later, I covered 7x the distance, I set my PR for my 21k at 2 hours, 19 mins :). I even had one pit stop on the last five kilometers, so that’s an additional 1-1.5 minutes to my time. Never felt so strong in my run. I was really on fire during the run. I know I can push my self more. Really looking forward to my next half marathon. Pictures will be uploaded soon. Thanks to my friend Reggie Guzman for pacing with me in this run.
16) Milo Marathon Eliminations (July 31, 2011) – My all-time boldest attempt. My scheduled full marathon this year. Hopefully everything will properly fall into pieces. Will definitely train for this run! This will definitely be life changing!
“The law of diminishing marginal utility does not apply to runners; the more we run, the more we want to run faster and cover longer distance.” – Jie Mauricio