I am a certified music lover. I sing when I take a bath, I listen to music when I work and study, I listen to music almost all the time everyday. My running adventure will not be complete without my favorite running songs. I have songs that have run with me since the first time I run, but I continously update my playlist as I go along my running adventure. Below are my favorite running songs. The first 10 are my ultimate favorite running songs. They never fail to boost me and push some more whenever I run. Feel free to share your favorite running songs as well:
1. Summer Song by Joe Satriani – This song can never be deleted in my running playlist. This song has its magical power to keep my pace at least 9.5km/h, push some more, some more, and some more. It’s like an accelerator or gas (in a vehicle). It just let’s me to keep going and going and going and going.
2. Top of the World by Shonen Knife – This became my favorite since I started running 10k. I was at buendia flyover and this song played in my ipod. I can’t stop singing and running at the same time. I was really on top of the world during that time.
3. So What by Pink – This became my favorite after a major heartache. It makes me feel strong, it makes me feel that I want to prove something. It makes me run harder, faster, it increases my endurance. I really feel like a rockstar when I run.
4. I Don’t Care by Fall Out Boy
7. Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson
8. Take on Me by Aha – this song make me feel like running and dancing at the same time. 🙂
9. Magasin, Toyang, and Huling El Bimbo by Eraserheads – for long runs, I ensure that I also have songs that will keep me singing during the run. I need not only upbeat songs, but songs that will never fail to make me sing.
10. Tumatakbo by Mojofly – The lyrics says “Laging bigo, laging sawi sa pag-ibig”… “Tumatakbo ang oras, naiiwan na ako ng panahon”. Well this song motivates me to finish the run so that I won’t be the girl who is “laging bigo at laging sawi sa pag-ibig.” 🙂
11. Obsession by Sky Ferreira – courtesy of Ice Laja. This never failed to pump back my lost energy during a long run.
12. Never Leave You by Lumidee – from Ice Laja as well :). This song makes me wanna dance and run at the same time (seriously).
13. Forever by Chris Brown
14. Do You Remember by Jay Sean
15. OMG by Usher